Tuesday, June 14, 2011

hello there, it's been a while

I follow a fair number of blogs.  And nearly every time a new entry is posted on any one of the blogs on my list, it begins the same. “Sorry I haven’t written in so long, I’ve been _____________.”  Fill in some excuse and explanation.  My blog is no exception to the above rule.  But instead of pointing out how bad I’ve been at keeping up with this blog, or how many times I’ve started a post only to realize I want to share something entirely different with you, or how lousy I am at communication when it doesn’t fit nicely into my daily agenda- I’d like to press on and tell you a few stories about my life here.  You don’t need to know my feelings (not all of them), I’ll try to avoid long diatribes about the weather and I really don’t need to elaborate on the daily frustrations that go along with teaching (I’ll save those for later).  I’m looking at the beginnings of about 5 blog posts here that I never felt compelled to finish and share.  They are nearly ALL about the weather.  Let me save you some reading time by NOT posting them.  The weather is nice.  Perfect, really.  It’s warm and sunny during the day, and cool during the night.  Most of my mornings are foggy... which I figure is a constant in morning weather since I live in a valley.  The sunny days make me happy and make this country look absolutely beautiful.  I’m still trying to sculpt this blog into what I want it to be... and I’m sure it’s going to be an ongoing process.  Perfection is not my goal.  But I do want to be able to share my life here with all you lovely folks back home.  I’m going to try to give you some fun stories to read.  I figure it’s the least I can do. 

1 comment:

  1. I miss reading about your life, but I realize there are only so many hours in the day. Random thoughts and observations are fine with me. Maybe, you could just post short lists every now and then about what your seeing outside of your house? Do you want some suggestions from your Mama?... How about a trip to the market, or stories about a special student or two, or descriptions of your friends and coworkers. You could even do short interviews of people on their daily life or history and post those. Just some ideas.... Miss you!

    ReplyDelete